Thursday, November 4, 2010

Joshua's Feather

Joshua's preschool teacher sent home a big paper feather for Joshua to decorate with things he is thankful for (to add to the big paper turkey, I assume). For those of you who know Joshua, you can guess how this "exercise" went. I finally got him to list out things he's thankful for and this is what I got: "the birds that fly in the air, the house that we live in, my family, my baby brother Caleb, and that's all."

"That's all?" I asked.

(mumbled under his breath) "and Legos and the computer. (nervous laugh) Just kidding, Mommy."

"It's ok to be grateful for your Legos and the computer, Joshua."

To which my sweet son, in all sincerity, dropped his precious head and prayed, "Dear God, thank you for my Legos."

3 comments:

  1. I love that sweet boy!!!

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son has said the same thing. Luckily I saved all of my Legos from when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Thankful

Dear Senator Collins (and McCain), My seven year old son Caleb has cystic fibrosis and I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for...