Monday, April 9, 2012

GREAT Day!

Today was a GREAT day!

First, we got up early to attend Choate Construction's Monday Morning Meeting at their offices in Sandy Springs. Choate's "charity of choice" is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and this year, Caleb is the "CF Ambassador" for their fundraising campaign. I personally can't think of a better "face of CF" to raise some funds!! I had the chance to share a little of our story and to thank Choate for choosing to raise money for CF. Caleb was all smiles and dimples, of course. He behaved himself for about a nanosecond and then was off running around the office building. Trying to appear somewhat professional and polished while chasing after your two year old is, let's face it, an impossible feat. But we still had a great time.

On the way home from our visit at Choate, I called the CF Center to check on the results of Caleb's most recent throat culture. And Hallelujah, NO PSEUDAMONAS!!! Thank you, God, for your healing! Every month Caleb goes without that crap in his lungs is another month closer to Kalydeco. My primary goal as his mom is to keep his lungs as healthy as possible for the moment the cure arrives. And no pseudamonas is an AWESOME step in the right direction!

Today was our first day back at school after spring break. I like to call this week of school "the beginning of the end." Even though the next six weeks promise to be exhausting (they always are), the fact remains that THERE ARE ONLY SIX WEEKS LEFT OF SCHOOL. Thirty two more days, six more Mondays, six more Fridays. And after that.... summertime awesomeness.

I love days like today. The sky is blue, the weather is warm, a gentle breeze is blowing, birds are chirping, my kids are laughing and everyone in my family is healthy. I close my eyes and let these feelings of joy and contentment settle in my soul. I know the calm won't last... but I choose to revel in the feeling while it's here. God is so good and I am grateful for every little miracle.

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT day! So happy for you guys. And the cherry on top is that there are only 6 weeks left of school!!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart rejoices in each miracle also. Then to see Caleb on Skype yesterday with his eyes closed due to pinkeye made my brain scream, "no no not Caleb"!! But these things happen, it's called life. Praying for my children, grandchildren, and elderly parents keeps me at the foot of the cross. I'm sure that is where God wants me to be.

    ReplyDelete

Thankful

Dear Senator Collins (and McCain), My seven year old son Caleb has cystic fibrosis and I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for...