Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!


I know it's trite, but I can't believe it's already April! Spring Break has been very relaxing, with lots of time to read, couch, Facebook, Pinterest, and otherwise waste time. Since I have a little extra time, I thought I'd update with the latest "happenings" in our little family.

Joshua's bi-annual ENT appointment was last month and praise the Lord, his hearing has remained the same. We will visit the audiologist again in 6 months, but we won't have to see the doctor for another year (unless something changes).

Caleb finished up a month of TOBI treatments at the end of March and we went to the CF Center this past Tuesday for a re-swab. We are praying that the pseudamonas is completely gone and we won't have to continue the TOBI. We are looking forward to the Great Strides walk in May. I don't think it's possible to over-state how much I enjoy raising money for the CF Foundation. With every dollar donated, I am filled with the hope that a cure will be found for this dreadful, life-stealing disease. I found this nifty little widget on the Foundation's website; it links directly to my Great Strides page. Check out our progress! I'm so proud of our little team!

donate to my cause

This Sunday is Easter and today is Maundy Thursday. I have been thinking about the suffering that Jesus endured for our sake and the fear that his disciples must have felt. Even though he tried to tell them in advance, they did not know that Sunday was coming.... all of their hopes died with Jesus on that Roman cross of execution. But Sunday morning arrived to find him risen from the dead, hope restored, and a new age dawning. We can live our lives full of hope and joy because we know how the story ends. We have reason to be full of courage. No matter what happens in this life, we have the hope of eternal life through Jesus. I thank God for his plan of redemption so that we can be restored to relationship with him. "There may be pain in the night, but JOY comes in the morning." AMEN and AMEN!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graham-Cassidy

Here we go again. PLEASE add your voice to mine and help us defeat this mockery of a solution to our national healthcare problems. Follow th...