Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Mountain Moved!

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move." (Matthew 17:20)



I can hardly wrap my mind around the events of the past 48 hours. On Monday night, I requested focused intercession from family and friends on Caleb's behalf. Over the course of the next day, I received messages from countless people, telling me they would be praying with us at 8:30 on Tuesday night. I heard from family and friends across the globe. My post on Facebook was shared almost two hundred times (maybe more). I heard reports of complete strangers sharing our request among their friends and family, one woman contacting Bible study members in 161 different countries! My cousin Andy sent a video from India of his 45 no-longer-orphans praying for Caleb in their native tongue. Powerful!

I have also heard from friends for whom this request deepened and strengthened their own prayer life. It certainly had a profound impact on Darrell and I as we prayed together. This outpouring of love and support from brothers and sisters in Christ all over the world has been one of the most humbling and awe-inspiring moments of my life. What a blessing! What a privilege!

And our mountain moved.

Results came a full day earlier than we expected. Praise the Lord, our time of waiting was cut in half! Our doctor called with results this afternoon and they were better than we expected. So good, in fact, the CT tech marked the results "normal." To the trained CF practitioner's eye, Caleb has only mild peri-bronchial thickening, which is unchanged from last year's x-rays. This in itself is amazing, but it gets better. Caleb's CT scan shows no evidence of bronchiectasis, the permanent scarring of the airways that is part of the natural progression of CF lungs. His doctor said that at age six, it is extremely good to see no signs that this process has begun. She doesn't know if it's the result of his milder CF genotype or last year's addition of Kalydeco, but she is very encouraged by what she didn't see on his scan. No progression! No permanent damage! No hospital! Praise Jesus!!

We prayed for God's miraculous healing and praise the Lord, that's exactly what we got. These results are phenomenal! We stood firmly on His promises, raised our voices as one, and asked the Lord to go before us in this battle. Today we have seen His deliverance and I am overwhelmed and humbled by it.

This experience has left a permanent mark on me. I will never cease to be grateful for your generosity in sharing our request and joining us in prayer. Prayer is powerful, especially when we are leaning in to God's perfect will for our lives. I believe with all my heart that He touched Caleb's lungs last night. Thank you for being part of our miracle. My cup is running over with joy and gratitude tonight!

4 comments:

  1. I read this aloud tonight to my husband and son. So moved and soooooo happy and thankful for the good news! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying with us, Miranda! There are no words!!

      Delete
  2. Reading this, I got goosebumps 3 times!!! I'm so happy for your family and Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eyes are filled with tears of joy that only God can produce!! He is evident all around us and yet He moves us to notice Him when we will be still (pray!) and let Him!! God has so much more for Caleb and it is so evident in Caleb's smile that he will serve the Lord in gladness!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankful

Dear Senator Collins (and McCain), My seven year old son Caleb has cystic fibrosis and I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for...