Monday, September 7, 2015

An Open Letter to CF

Dear CF,

You suck.

I have never hated anything as much as I hate you.

You ruin everything. Planning a fun outing with the family? Not without worrying every second about the germs lurking on every surface, ready to send your precious one to the hospital.

Weekend getaway with couple-friends? Not without a midnight run to the 24-hour pharmacy for steroids to calm a tight, scary cough.

Fundraising event with fun friends on a holiday weekend? Sorry. You'll have to cancel that in the middle of the night. Instead, you'll be steaming up a bathroom and trying to breathe.

Hate hospitals? Well, you're going to spend a lot of time in them.... drawing blood, undergoing tests, sitting and waiting. And every time your kid sneezes, you'll worry that you're headed there for an extended stay.

Excited about starting Kindergarten? First family vacation to the beach? Invited to a birthday party? Holiday gatherings with friends and family? Want to play on the playground at Chick fil a like a normal kid?

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Instead, you threaten at every turn to choke us with fear. You conspire to keep us home-bound, terrified, and isolated. You steal, you kill, you destroy.

Well, I've had it with you. You are not welcome here. And I am going to do everything in my power to send you back to the pits of hell where you belong. One day very soon, you will join the list of diseases that once struck terror into the hearts of parents and now only whimper with remembered power.

With every breath in my body, I will fight the fear you delight in. I will instead look forward to the day when we, the CF Community, deal you a death-blow. Until that glorious day arrives, I will continue to stand back up when you've knocked me down. Bloodied and beaten, I will continue to fight. I will continue to make plans. I will continue to celebrate the milestones of life. I will NOT be conquered by you. I will NOT let you take control of our lives.

Your days are numbered, CF. We're taking you down.

Sincerely,

Caleb's Warrior Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Senator

Y'all. I can't even. Healthcare reform is slowly killing me. Half the time I can't bring myself to turn on the news and half the...